Northern Mom

You'll find topics of all kinds I'm sure! I only wish that I had more time to devote to blogging. Maybe some day when Jo is a little older I'll be able to do daily entries....maybe

The WeatherPixie
Some Favourite Blogs
  • Postcards from the Mothership
  • Blog Pourri
  • The Emma Report
  • Life is good...at the beach
  • Hanging in there
  • Silver Creek Musings
  • the thinking square
  • So Close
  • The Infertile Turtle
  • Ordinary Stuff
  • Molly Misadventure
  • a peek inside the fish bowl
  • All The Blogs I Read
    Knitting Links
    Learn to Make it
  • Top Secret Recipes
  • Recipe Goldmine
  • Epicurious.com
  • Tuesday, June 06, 2006
    The good the bad and the ugly
    Here is the potty pic... as promised
    This is just before North Bay on the way home, seems that she liked that stretch...stopped a little closer to Mattawa on the way down.







    The good...
    My sister and her husband bought a house! It's big and has an apartment to suppliment the mortgage, and guess who's moving in? My brother! We just get him out of here and he's back with them again. At least this time it is a separate entrance!

    The bad...
    We thought that when my step dad's bloodwork came back that he was in the clear for at least the nest little bit. It turns out that when they operated on the lung, they did a random biopsy on another part of his lung and found another small tumor..malignant. They think it was too small to show in the blood work, so it may be Chemo for the summer......

    The ugly....
    My mom is not taking things well. It is her parents that I mentioned in previous posts and she was taken to one of the clinics here in town over the weekend and was checked for a stroke, but it might only be Bells Palsy. She has just gotten over a throat infection so she really needs this.

    It's been a whirlwind few weeks and I need to get myself into a routine so I can have some computer time in the evening. I miss posting and only take time to read some of my favorite blogs on breaks and while I'm eating my lunch. I think we need more rainy days(NOT) but it would make it so much easier to get supper on the table at 6 instead of 7:30. It's too nice outside and Jo (and me too) hate to be inside when the weather is so nice. The pool is set up now so there isn't even a remote chance of running inside to p, let alone start supper. I guess the routine will come.....

    We almost clean up prety good!





    posted by Northern Mom @ 10:44 p.m.  
    3 Comments:
    • At 6:29 a.m., Blogger BeachMama said…

      Great Photo!!! It looks like you guys had the busiest weekend ever!

      Love the potty on the side of the road, I hadn't thought of that...At the same time, "J" could let it hang out and blow in the wind ;).

      Sorry to hear your Mom and StepDad are having a rough go. I hope that things settle down.

       
    • At 9:27 a.m., Blogger Silver Creek Mom said…

      Your two look happy!

      NMom I'm glad you had a great trip and I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to see you this pass through.

      The house looks amazing.
      And The driveway.

      Can't wait to see the inside work.

      Jo as always, look too cute dancing up a storm.

      I'm keep your parnets in my prayers....Man they can't catch a break.

      Hugs
      SCM

       
    • At 5:39 p.m., Blogger twinmomplusone said…

      I finally get a chance to catch up on your news, what a whirlwind of events in your world! Great job on the house, your baby girl is a perpetual ray of Sunshine, glad to hear she got to see baby Maggie and sending lots of healthy vibes to all your relatives

      hugs
      TM

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Northern Mom
    Home: Northern Ontario, Canada
    About Me: There isn't too much to tell. I'm Mommy to Jo, wife to Hubby. I'm the oldest of 3 siblings and 4 step siblings, Auntie to a whole bunch of kids and Great Auntie to a few as well! I'm back to working 9-5 with no weekends or nights so keeping up with everything is a challenge!
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER