Northern Mom

You'll find topics of all kinds I'm sure! I only wish that I had more time to devote to blogging. Maybe some day when Jo is a little older I'll be able to do daily entries....maybe

The WeatherPixie
Some Favourite Blogs
  • Postcards from the Mothership
  • Blog Pourri
  • The Emma Report
  • Life is good...at the beach
  • Hanging in there
  • Silver Creek Musings
  • the thinking square
  • So Close
  • The Infertile Turtle
  • Ordinary Stuff
  • Molly Misadventure
  • a peek inside the fish bowl
  • All The Blogs I Read
    Knitting Links
    Learn to Make it
  • Top Secret Recipes
  • Recipe Goldmine
  • Epicurious.com
  • Saturday, May 06, 2006
    What to do?



    Jo was better for the last part of the week. Hubby has stopped going into work so early and is helping out more in the morning which is really nice. It makes a huge difference in the amount of time I need to get ready. I'm not sure which was worse, her fighting me to do anything or her wanting Daddy to do everything and I can't help at all. It works for getting dressed and brushing her teeth(btw thanks for all the ideas) but when it comes to doing her hair Daddy is all thumbs. I'm hoping that next week will be better. It will be the third week and with any luck a routine will soon be established.

    Now for the dilemma of the week? I was reading the paper this morning and one of the obits was for a friend's sister in law. Sherri and I met when we were starting kindergarten. We stayed friend's until grade 11 when I moved. We saw each other once in a while, but didn't' really keep in touch. In the last few years we have gotten together at least once a year and our last visit was great! I've met her husband numerous times and he is a great guy. They live on Manitoulin Island so it's not like we can do lunch once a month. I'd like to go to the funeral home tomorrow, but I don't know any of his family. So, do I go or just send a donation?
    There is visitation tomorrow and the service on Monday. I guess I have the night to sleep on it.

    I'll let you know what I decide!

    Ok..on to the goodies from the week!



    Krazzy K and Jo had a picnic last Sunday! Jo thought it was great!

    After a potty training accident we ran through the yard!

    I don't think we need to worry about wearing Sunscreen this summer! She is obsessed with it!

    Finally..this was delivered this afternoon! 52 inches. I'm not sure why we need a TV this big, but I gotta admit that I like it.

    posted by Northern Mom @ 10:09 p.m.  
    3 Comments:
    • At 10:14 p.m., Blogger Krazzy K said…

      Okay.. If I was that enthused about Sunscreen I wouldn't have gotten burnt while I was there. Second of all that is not a good picture of me. And third. I cant wait to go over and watch TV on the big sceen. O and Jo running around Bare Bum isn't a cute site..Cover that thing up!:P jk.

       
    • At 7:50 p.m., Blogger BeachMama said…

      That is a tough situation. If you know that your friend will be there, you should probobly go. If she will not be there, then perhaps not.

      Looks like lots of fun was had at your place this past weekend. The tv looks great, don't tell my Hubby ;) He just got his new tv, but it isn't quite that big. His is a wide screen LCD, so smaller, but really, really clear picture. I don't know why one needs a tc that big either, but I am sure I would get used to it if we had one.

       
    • At 8:24 a.m., Blogger Silver Creek Mom said…

      I'm not showing that T.V to Jack...he'll want one!

      SIGH!

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Northern Mom
    Home: Northern Ontario, Canada
    About Me: There isn't too much to tell. I'm Mommy to Jo, wife to Hubby. I'm the oldest of 3 siblings and 4 step siblings, Auntie to a whole bunch of kids and Great Auntie to a few as well! I'm back to working 9-5 with no weekends or nights so keeping up with everything is a challenge!
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER