Northern Mom

You'll find topics of all kinds I'm sure! I only wish that I had more time to devote to blogging. Maybe some day when Jo is a little older I'll be able to do daily entries....maybe

The WeatherPixie
Some Favourite Blogs
  • Postcards from the Mothership
  • Blog Pourri
  • The Emma Report
  • Life is good...at the beach
  • Hanging in there
  • Silver Creek Musings
  • the thinking square
  • So Close
  • The Infertile Turtle
  • Ordinary Stuff
  • Molly Misadventure
  • a peek inside the fish bowl
  • All The Blogs I Read
    Knitting Links
    Learn to Make it
  • Top Secret Recipes
  • Recipe Goldmine
  • Epicurious.com
  • Wednesday, April 05, 2006
    Ramblings This Morning
    I'm unsure about what I want to blog about today. My mind is feeling rather scattered this morning and I'm seriously condsidering going back to bed. The only problem with doing this is that it will wreck my entire day. I have some eBay work to do and I plan on going over to the hospital this afternoon to meet Olivia.

    Olivia arrived shortly after 2am yesterday morning. Jo is so excited that she has a new baby cousin! I do feel badly for my step sister. Her water broke at 530am on Monday morning and I don't have all the details except that a c-section happened almost 24 hours later. My step mom was telling me how hard it was. That I can only imagine. All is well and she weighed in at 9 pounds and 9 ounces. I don't know much more than that. Hubby was home early yesterday and I was very tempted to go and visit, but decided to wait until today. I'll tell you more about her when I get to meet her in person!

    Did I tell you that my brother finally got an apartment. His very own apartment. It stills seems surreal. He moved in here about 4 years ago and it was supposed to be temporary. We told him back in 2003 that when we did our last IVF that he had to move out if it worked. It didn't so he was content to just stay. He moved between here and my sister's place for a while and now he is finally going. It's not that I don't love my brother and he is a great help with Jo most of the time, but we need the space. Especially now with our renos soon to start. May 1st is the moving day. I will soon have a room to set up my computer and sewing machine and not have things all over the basement. I can't wait!

    It's snowing here again today. Just when we were starting to see the grass it's covered again. Mother nature just seems to tease up into thinking that we can put the winter stuff away and then we get more. I sent Jo to daycare this morning with her snow pants instead of just her splash pants. Maybe that's why I am feeling so tired. The ups and downs of spring.

    We go tomorrow and sign for the new mortgage. I think the porch idea on the back of the house is history. Hubby talked to a contractor yesterday and in order to add it on we have to dig down to the original footing of the house and build up from there. There is another way, but both are going to be expensive and will eat up close to a third of the budget. I am however excited at the prospect of putting in a new furnace. I mentioned adding air conditioning at the same time and hubby said we didn't need it and he has now changed his mind. Most of the summer we can get by ok without it, but if we have more summers like we had last year it will be well worth the extra money.

    I'm off for this morning.

    Good day to all

    posted by Northern Mom @ 8:35 a.m.  
    4 Comments:
    • At 11:35 a.m., Blogger Good Things I Find said…

      I'm feeling tired this week too. That change to daylight savings time always does me in for a week or so.

       
    • At 9:24 p.m., Blogger BeachMama said…

      Daylight savings can put you off balance for sure, that and the hot and cold of spring, add to that a little road trip and you should head back to bed, just because.

      Your neice looks gorgeous, sorry she took a little longer to get here, hope your SS is doing well.

      How exciting that your brother is moving out, guess he didn't want to hang out during the reno ;). Now you will have your basement back.

       
    • At 11:35 p.m., Blogger twinmomplusone said…

      Congrats auntie!

       
    • At 9:11 a.m., Blogger Silver Creek Mom said…

      Can't wait to see the pictures of all this!

      I need before during and after Pictures.

      Hugs

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Northern Mom
    Home: Northern Ontario, Canada
    About Me: There isn't too much to tell. I'm Mommy to Jo, wife to Hubby. I'm the oldest of 3 siblings and 4 step siblings, Auntie to a whole bunch of kids and Great Auntie to a few as well! I'm back to working 9-5 with no weekends or nights so keeping up with everything is a challenge!
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER