Northern Mom

You'll find topics of all kinds I'm sure! I only wish that I had more time to devote to blogging. Maybe some day when Jo is a little older I'll be able to do daily entries....maybe

The WeatherPixie
Some Favourite Blogs
  • Postcards from the Mothership
  • Blog Pourri
  • The Emma Report
  • Life is good...at the beach
  • Hanging in there
  • Silver Creek Musings
  • the thinking square
  • So Close
  • The Infertile Turtle
  • Ordinary Stuff
  • Molly Misadventure
  • a peek inside the fish bowl
  • All The Blogs I Read
    Knitting Links
    Learn to Make it
  • Top Secret Recipes
  • Recipe Goldmine
  • Epicurious.com
  • Sunday, March 26, 2006
    My Weekend Review.....

    and loving March!


    Hubby works most weekends and now that I've been laid off I don't have the luxury of my weekend sitters keeping Jo amused so I can sleep in. My brother was off this weekend and most of Saturday morning Jo kept running up and down the stairs between her uncle and her mommy. Things got rather quiet and she hadn't been up to see me in awhile so I thought I'd come down and check on the two of them. This is what I found:



    Jo and her uncle sound asleep! I think Uncle was a little more than tickled by this. Since we've taken her out of her crib she is content to sleep just about anywhere. Last week I found her in her little tent just before supper!


    Just after lunch I was off to meet my sister. My mom won tickets to a craft show and because she was working she offered them to us. The crafts are always beautiful, but none come cheap! I bought some chocolates and then spent far too much money on jam. Who could resist Blueberry Banana or Apple Raspberry! Wonderful combinations. I quickly googled the combos tonight hoping to find recipes. It's gonna take some time to find those. Seeing as how I live about 3 minutes from the best blueberries in the world I'll have to get my butt out there this year to pick and then try to recreate the jam flavors. My sister and then I took a tour of downtown. It seems that this part of the city is all but deserted. There are some government buildings, banks and a few local stores. The one prominent thing is "Quick Cash Marts". On every corner there is one. There really isn't much of nightlife down town any more either. It's very sad to see. Why can't we have a great downtown like Toronto or Montreal? Downtown used to be great here! There were small boutiques, hairdressers, restaurants and all the other good things that most downtowns have. Once Eaton's closed it just went down hill. The streetlights have been replaced with 2 and 4 ways stops. I wonder if some day it will come to life again.

    Fast Forward to Sunday(you'd rather not hear about my migraine)


    A dear friend was over today while her husband attempted to install the remote starter that I got as a birthday gift from Hubby. Only I would get this gift at the END of winter. The man who came to install the starter does this as part of his job. He took well over 8 hours and still can't get the security bypass to work properly. First it was a faulty box, then it was working, then it stopped. Finally after 9pm he came in, ate dinner everyone went home. (he'll be back tomorrow to try and finish the installation) While he spent his afternoon cursing my vehicle, we 4 ladies had a great time. It started with some play time, followed by lunch and then a nap for the girls and some grown up chat for us. The girls are 8 months apart and are really starting to interact with each other. It's far too cute to watch. The weather was beautiful today. We ventured out after the naps and walked down to the dead end part of the street. The girls took off ahead of us and left us lagging behind. See the puddle to the left....



    Hand in hand Jo lead the way the walked, ran, fell down looked at airplanes, stopped and looked at pinecones, got to pet a puppy. All of that in a short half hour. On the way back this it what we did for more than half an hour. Remember that puddle?



    They jumped, stomped, swam(yes swam), sat, ran, tossed rocks, fell and laughed all in this great puddle. It's by far the best one on the street. The video is priceless. "A" and I decided that we are probably the only mothers who encourage the kids to play in the puddles. The fathers claim that had they let them do this we would have "hung them by the balls" for allowing them to get so went and dirty. We may have. OK we would have! When we brought them home they were both drenched. I poured water out of Jo's boots. The only parts of them that were dry were their diapers.

    I think the thing that makes days like this so special is that "A" and I became friends right here online. We chatted on a support board while suffering through Infertility and all that goes with it. Jo was born while "A" was in her third and final 2 week wait. When "M" was born we were both so excited that the girls would be growing up together. Even though they are 8 months apart in age, they are about the same size and seeing them together is priceless. I am looking forward to the summer to see them play!

    So, this is why I love March! I never really thought about it until now. Maybe I didn't have any reason to love a month before. March gives me hope that summer is coming. I have tulips pushing up through the ground and some other perennials have started as well. March is when life really starts to grow again. The weather is wonderful for watching little friendships bud and grow too! Soon it will be April! Can't wait for that either!
    posted by Northern Mom @ 10:05 p.m.  
    4 Comments:
    • At 6:54 a.m., Blogger BeachMama said…

      Oh the snow you still have!!!!! I can't believe your tulips are coming up already :).

      The girls look like they are having the best time. I too let "J" play in puddles, and Hubby too, would say that I would kill him if he did it :). We bought "J" a rainsuit and he loves it. And I don't have to do double the laundry.

       
    • At 8:42 a.m., Blogger Silver Creek Mom said…

      Looks Like an awesome time has been had by all. I got Nathan what he call Rain Rubber boots and he couldn't wait to go out and splash! Spring is here. AND Summer with beer outside on coming!

      Hugs

       
    • At 10:53 a.m., Blogger Good Things I Find said…

      It's funny how puddles are like children magnets. My 8 year old daughter spent most of her bike ride yesterday cruising through the puddles with a big smile on her face. They are a sure sign of spring fun.

       
    • At 7:59 p.m., Blogger nancy said…

      Puddles ROCK!!!

      That pic of Jo snoozing with her uncle is priceless. Very very sweet.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Northern Mom
    Home: Northern Ontario, Canada
    About Me: There isn't too much to tell. I'm Mommy to Jo, wife to Hubby. I'm the oldest of 3 siblings and 4 step siblings, Auntie to a whole bunch of kids and Great Auntie to a few as well! I'm back to working 9-5 with no weekends or nights so keeping up with everything is a challenge!
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER