Northern Mom

You'll find topics of all kinds I'm sure! I only wish that I had more time to devote to blogging. Maybe some day when Jo is a little older I'll be able to do daily entries....maybe

The WeatherPixie
Some Favourite Blogs
  • Postcards from the Mothership
  • Blog Pourri
  • The Emma Report
  • Life is good...at the beach
  • Hanging in there
  • Silver Creek Musings
  • the thinking square
  • So Close
  • The Infertile Turtle
  • Ordinary Stuff
  • Molly Misadventure
  • a peek inside the fish bowl
  • All The Blogs I Read
    Knitting Links
    Learn to Make it
  • Top Secret Recipes
  • Recipe Goldmine
  • Epicurious.com
  • Monday, April 17, 2006
    What a Weekend
    I'm not even sure where to begin! The weather was alright. Not spectacular by any means, but we were able to be out quite a bit.

    Friday was a pretty lazy day. Hubby and Jo spent lots of time outside and I relaxed inside. We forgot hubby's godchild's birthday at the beginning of April so we went out to visit her and had cake! We spoiled her a little more than usual, I can't believe we forgot.

    Saturday we went to camp for the day and spent it with great friends.
    Just to clarify:
    Camp in Northern Ontario is the same as a Cottage in most other parts of the world. There is hot and cold running water, flush toilet, dishwasher and just about everything else including satellite TV. Here is a a picture of the camp from a few winters ago. It's actually being lifted this summer and a full basement is being added on. It's not far from home. It only takes about half an hour to get to, but is far enough away that you can relax and leave your worries behind.

    We had a great Easter Morning! At 630am Jo was in our room so excited because The Easter Bunny left her some eggs. I opened my eyes and told her to look in her room to see if the Easter Bunny left her a basket and maybe there were more eggs hidden. She was all over the living room looking for them. They were pretty easy to find and she didn't realize that there was a bunch of goodies to go with the eggs.


    Once she found all her eggs and we showed her where the play doh and bubbles were I sat back in the recliner and asked her what was behind her easel....Her eyes got as big as saucers and I missed the photo op....slow mommy, but got a few shots. She was so excited to find a bike hidden behind! She more excited than she was on Christmas Morning.


    She spent the better part of an hour riding the bike outside. It took all of about 3 minutes for her to figure it all out. She cam in a slept for 3 hours. I can't decided if it was the bike riding or the chocolate she ate for breakfast that brought on the huge nap! Her Uncle raked the driveway so that it would be in great shape for a bike ride. It will be much nicer when we get it paved. She even took the bike to my dad's for supper and rode it the whole time there. Her cousins took off on their bikes and she tried to keep up. She tried so hard, but they are 10 and their bikes go a little faster.


    Today was a great day weather wise. We were out this morning and played with the girls across the street, had a nap and we were back out again. It's nice when there are other kids to play with. No school is a nice thing somedays.

    My friend that I wrote about last week is handling things some what well. She said that if she doesn't think about it then it's not so bad. The kids don't know and they are really trying to keep it that way. She and her siblings went to see him on the weekend and sounded like a rough time. We don't really talk about it unless she brings it up. I did call her and told her that we are here for her for whatever reason and that what happened is no reflection of her.

    I did get some good news! A friend of mine who after 3 years of TTC (trying to conceive), countless IUI's found out that her first IVF was successful! Her embryo quality was amazing. One of her embryo's was at the morula stage at day 3! They were able to freeze 2 more that made it past the blastocyst stage at day 5. I haven't talked to her yet to find out her HCG levels. I do know however that it is indeed a positive and am only thinking positive thoughts. She has had 2 early miscarriages. I am hoping that this will be a wonderful Christmas for her!

    Hmmm what else?

    Did I mention that we had a wet basement this weekend too. A few times since we've owned the house we have had water in the front corner. Hubby took the drywall out at one point to see where it was coming from and never found it. We just left it and didn't have water again....until Wednesday night. Of course the snow is gone, so where did the water come from? Hubby again took the drywall out and went so far as to take the studs out where he could see the water running. It looks like the previous owners decided to move the water meter and cut the pipe, but never capped it. It has been covered for the time being and once my brother moves out we will fix it properly and put the water mystery to rest. I'm almost scared to start these renos. We have a plug in the kitchen that only half of worked. It didn't take long to figure out that if the dryer and the fridge were running at the same time we blew a fuse. The wiring for the dryer is scary. There is 110 from one plug and another 110 from the plug behind the fridge to run the dryer. If that's the kind of wiring, I wonder what else we'll find once we really get going.

    I've been feeling pretty tired lately. Not sure if it's the change of seasons or that I am becoming immuned to my meds again. I've been on these one for the longest time and I fear it's time to have them changed. I'm running out of options. I suffer from depression and the list of meds that don't work anymore is longer that this list of those that I can try. I think too that not being at work is taking a toll as well. I guess it's time to make a Dr's appt and get a whole work up done.

    I'm off for the night!

    posted by Northern Mom @ 9:23 p.m.  
    6 Comments:
    • At 11:57 p.m., Blogger nancy said…

      That's a great update...what a terrific surprise for Jo. Your house certainly has one amazing Easter Bunny!!!

       
    • At 6:43 a.m., Blogger BeachMama said…

      Love the bike!! We are waiting for next week when Opa comes for a visit, he wants to get "J" his first bike so every day that he asks to get a bike, I have to tell him to wait for Opa!!

      Sounds like you had a nice and busy weekend. I hope your meds check out ok and you can get back to yourself soon.

       
    • At 9:38 a.m., Blogger Silver Creek Mom said…

      WOW Sounds like a blast of a weekend. Ours was not quite that much fun, but c'est las vie. I call you with the details later.

      Hugs
      Sharon

       
    • At 11:21 a.m., Blogger Good Things I Find said…

      Your camp looks awesome! Sounds like a fun filled holiday. We also had a great holiday weekend. The weather was fabulous here in Ottawa great for bike riding.

       
    • At 11:42 p.m., Blogger twinmomplusone said…

      Love your camp! And looks like Jo is already a speed demon on her new bike!

      Take care of yourself my friend.

       
    • At 8:13 a.m., Blogger Northern Mom said…

      Sadly ladies it's not my camp, but belongs to friend's of ours. The door is always open to us and it's a nice feeling. Hubby did a lot of work there so parts of us are there! I'll have to post the pics of the kitchen floor we designed!

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Northern Mom
    Home: Northern Ontario, Canada
    About Me: There isn't too much to tell. I'm Mommy to Jo, wife to Hubby. I'm the oldest of 3 siblings and 4 step siblings, Auntie to a whole bunch of kids and Great Auntie to a few as well! I'm back to working 9-5 with no weekends or nights so keeping up with everything is a challenge!
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER