Northern Mom

You'll find topics of all kinds I'm sure! I only wish that I had more time to devote to blogging. Maybe some day when Jo is a little older I'll be able to do daily entries....maybe

The WeatherPixie
Some Favourite Blogs
  • Postcards from the Mothership
  • Blog Pourri
  • The Emma Report
  • Life is good...at the beach
  • Hanging in there
  • Silver Creek Musings
  • the thinking square
  • So Close
  • The Infertile Turtle
  • Ordinary Stuff
  • Molly Misadventure
  • a peek inside the fish bowl
  • All The Blogs I Read
    Knitting Links
    Learn to Make it
  • Top Secret Recipes
  • Recipe Goldmine
  • Epicurious.com
  • Sunday, May 14, 2006
    Happy Miller's Day
    This is Mother's Day number 3 for me. All of the others were spent with my head under the blankets and thoughts of running away. I have to admit that this day is easier there are still little pangs of jealousy when I see a pregnant woman or one with more than one child.

    I called this post Happy Miller's Day, because that's what I was woken up with this morning. Who is Miller you might ask? We aren't really sure who s/he is, but whoever it is really makes Jo stand up and listen.

    When hubby was a kid they were always threatened that Miller was coming if they were misbehaving. Now, remember there are 12 siblings in hubby's family. I think misbehaving might have been a gimme! So whenever Jo is not listening a little mention of the name brings her right back to reality and she starts to listen. With any luck this will take us into the teeneage years! Ya ok....I tried

    A few days ago Nancy at Blog Pourri blogged about morping into her mother. That post made me really think and admit that I have indeed become my mother. I started noticing it long before Jo was even born with the kids that I babysat, but damn I am saying things that I swore I would never say to my kids. Here are a just a few of the quotes:
    -You are going to be one sorry little girl if you don't......
    -Get to your room now!
    -I'm not telling you again.
    -For the last time...
    -Get into that bed right now, I don't want to see you until morning
    -Are your ears broken?
    -Do I have to call your father?
    and the list goes on. At the same time Jo is becoming too much like me(so much for the no genetics theory). She wanted me to do something the other day and I was busy and not really paying attention when she looked at me and said, "You understand Mommy". I will often ask her "Are you having trouble understanding me?" when paying attention isn't in her list of things to do that minute. It amazes me how much they pick up when you don't think they are paying attention at all.

    Last weekend I got my Mother's Day Gifts! I got two of these. And man are they comfortable.

    I should be taking advantage of Jo sleeping and get the Census finished before we head out to my Mom's for a visit. We visited Gramma(my step mom) this morning and then went to McDonald's for lunch. Not sure what's on the menu for supper tonight. Hubby worked all weekend and is home now cutting the lawn.

    Happy Mother's Day to all!!

    PS..Thanks to Krazy K for letting me sleep in this morning

    posted by Northern Mom @ 1:36 p.m.  
    4 Comments:
    • At 6:51 a.m., Blogger BeachMama said…

      Happy Millers Day!! I love your new chairs. Did you get the pool to go with them ? ;)

      I swore growing up, that I would never be like my Mom, and boy was she right when she said I would be exactly like her. I love being like her, because she is really a great Mom.

       
    • At 1:03 p.m., Blogger twinmomplusone said…

      Happy third mother day to you!

      Love the chairs. may youg et lots of use out of them this summer.

      And yes, we tend to morph into our moms. Makes me shudder as there are so many facets of my mom's personality that I so DON"T want to emulate. makes me stop and think. And hearing the kids say exactly waht we say to them can be so funny. Theya re listening after all aren't they?

       
    • At 5:02 p.m., Blogger Krazzy K said…

      Hey, Not a probleme.. I don't know why your thanking me. You always sleep in.. I should be saying "thank you for letting ME Sleep in!" lol

       
    • At 9:32 p.m., Blogger Silver Creek Mom said…

      Yesh I feel like my mom at times although I swear a heck of alot more than she ever did or does.

      Millers sounds like a good one to me there are lots aroudn here and they all scare the crap out of me.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Northern Mom
    Home: Northern Ontario, Canada
    About Me: There isn't too much to tell. I'm Mommy to Jo, wife to Hubby. I'm the oldest of 3 siblings and 4 step siblings, Auntie to a whole bunch of kids and Great Auntie to a few as well! I'm back to working 9-5 with no weekends or nights so keeping up with everything is a challenge!
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER