Northern Mom

You'll find topics of all kinds I'm sure! I only wish that I had more time to devote to blogging. Maybe some day when Jo is a little older I'll be able to do daily entries....maybe

The WeatherPixie
Some Favourite Blogs
  • Postcards from the Mothership
  • Blog Pourri
  • The Emma Report
  • Life is good...at the beach
  • Hanging in there
  • Silver Creek Musings
  • the thinking square
  • So Close
  • The Infertile Turtle
  • Ordinary Stuff
  • Molly Misadventure
  • a peek inside the fish bowl
  • All The Blogs I Read
    Knitting Links
    Learn to Make it
  • Top Secret Recipes
  • Recipe Goldmine
  • Epicurious.com
  • Thursday, February 15, 2007
    My Sweet Girl

    This is how Jo looked 2 weeks ago after spending most of the night with a stomach bug. She let me take her temperature and throughout the day she started feeling better. Daddy then got it that weekend and I thought I was home free. It had been 2 weeks, right? I wasn't feeling really great yesterday morning, but managed breakfast fine and even lunch was alright. As the afternoon wore on I kept feeling more and more nauseous and the thought of leaning into the toilet at work was making things worse. At 310 I cleared my desk, said I was sorry and left. By the time I got home I thought I was going to keel over. Poor hubby is sleeping (tonight is the last night shift) and he had no idea I was even home until he came stumbling out of the bedroom to see what all the retching was about. He then asked me if I had gotten flowers and it seems I missed my delivery by half an hour. They are sitting on my desk and hubby will either bring them home this morning for me, or I'll get them tomorrow if I feel up to going in.

    Now...for my sweet girl....
    When she was sick 2 weeks ago, I felt so helpless knowing there was nothing I could do to help, so I just rubbed her back, kissed her now and then and tried to keep her comfy. I woke up a few times last night before she went to bed to little kisses on my forehead and a little rub on my arm or leg. She had supper with daddy and then came to the basement to play so I could rest. After she had gone to bed I woke and found extra pillows for me (her little doll pillows) and one of her tiny quilts over my feet. Hubby said she just kept checking on me to see if I was OK!

    My sweet girl!
    Posted by Picasa
    posted by Northern Mom @ 8:22 a.m.  
    5 Comments:
    • At 10:38 a.m., Blogger nancy said…

      O.M.G. That is sooooo sweet to read about Jo taking such good care of you.

      Flowers? You got flowers? I got an email.

      Feel better soon!!

       
    • At 11:56 a.m., Blogger twinmomplusone said…

      she's definitely a sweet girl

      hope you mend quickly!

      flowers? e-mail? I got zilch :(

       
    • At 2:03 p.m., Blogger Unknown said…

      What a sweet girl :) Oh, and sweet Hubby for getting you the flowers! My Hubby did the flowers, chocolate, and dinner thing...then again, this was our first Valentine's Day as married couple! LOL! I wonder if he'll remember next year! ;)

       
    • At 8:24 a.m., Blogger BeachMama said…

      Jo is so sweet, it brought tears to my eyes. Truthfully J does the same thing when I am not feeling too good. But, that is just so cute that she kept checking on you all night long.

      I hope you feel better soon and the bug passes quickly.

      And Flowers!! How wonderful.

       
    • At 12:28 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Sorry you've all been sick. That was so sweet of Jo to try to take care of you. What a doll. Hope you're all better soon.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Northern Mom
    Home: Northern Ontario, Canada
    About Me: There isn't too much to tell. I'm Mommy to Jo, wife to Hubby. I'm the oldest of 3 siblings and 4 step siblings, Auntie to a whole bunch of kids and Great Auntie to a few as well! I'm back to working 9-5 with no weekends or nights so keeping up with everything is a challenge!
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER