Northern Mom

You'll find topics of all kinds I'm sure! I only wish that I had more time to devote to blogging. Maybe some day when Jo is a little older I'll be able to do daily entries....maybe

The WeatherPixie
Some Favourite Blogs
  • Postcards from the Mothership
  • Blog Pourri
  • The Emma Report
  • Life is good...at the beach
  • Hanging in there
  • Silver Creek Musings
  • the thinking square
  • So Close
  • The Infertile Turtle
  • Ordinary Stuff
  • Molly Misadventure
  • a peek inside the fish bowl
  • All The Blogs I Read
    Knitting Links
    Learn to Make it
  • Top Secret Recipes
  • Recipe Goldmine
  • Epicurious.com
  • Sunday, February 11, 2007
    The First Painting

    I did it....I registered Jo for school.....I can't believe that my baby is old enough to get on the Big Yellow School Bus and spend all day at school. I was surprised at the size of the school, although I know I shouldn't have been. I've been in there before and it's the same layout as the school that I graduated from. There are locks on the doors that lead to where all the classrooms are and her class seems so far away from the main doors. The fact that there are locks scares me....I think it's a great idea, but we were never locked in. It is such a different time than when we started school.

    Once we were settled into the classroom and I had filled out all of the paperwork we went off exploring. Found the bathrooms. The sinks are low enough for Jo to reach and turn the taps on and off. We found the water fountains and the library. She had a snack, met the lady who might be her teacher in September, made a Valentine that is hanging proudly on the wall in my office at work and painted the above. She wasn't shy at all and just made herself right at home with all the other kids. I have to admit that it was worse for me than for her, I felt like I was the oldest parent in the classroom. I probably wasn't....but.....

    I had a very productive weekend. I started last weekend trying to clean out the rec room/play room for Jo. I got all the toys sorted and the junk out of there and she was thrilled to be able to play down here today. I still have a huge mess sitting in part of the basement which all needs to be sorted into give/garbage/keep and eBay piles. All of this has to be done before Friday morning when the Furnace guy is coming over to gove hubby a quote. We got a note from the company that we rent our hotwater tank from with this great offer. If we buy a central air system we get a furnace for free. I gotta wonder how that will work, but we know our budget and both agree that we don't really need central air and that for the amount that we would use it, it's not really practical. We are both at work all day and we have a small one that goes in the window. I think that's all we need, but if the price is right then we just might do it.

    Off for tonight.......
    Posted by Picasa
    posted by Northern Mom @ 9:53 p.m.  
    2 Comments:
    • At 10:18 a.m., Blogger Silver Creek Mom said…

      Jo will be fine and so will you! Just like you told me not so long ago.

      School is not the place it used to be it's FUN!

      Hugs I know I've been there.

       
    • At 3:15 p.m., Blogger Unknown said…

      Awww...So sweet! Yes, Jo will be fine and so will you :) I kinda, sorta know how you feel though. I told you I teach English as a Second Language (to foreign exchange students) and we've got one living with us for 7 months. I taught him for a while, but now he's going to the local high school here. On his first day of school, I had Hubby follow the school bus all the way to school to make sure he was okay. I know...I'm silly. Don't worry, none of the other kids knew Hubby followed the bus. I was just so worried, being his first day and all...and that he's the only "visible minority" on the Island :) He was fine though!

      Chat with you soon. I can't wait to hear how much Jo loves school!

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Northern Mom
    Home: Northern Ontario, Canada
    About Me: There isn't too much to tell. I'm Mommy to Jo, wife to Hubby. I'm the oldest of 3 siblings and 4 step siblings, Auntie to a whole bunch of kids and Great Auntie to a few as well! I'm back to working 9-5 with no weekends or nights so keeping up with everything is a challenge!
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER