Northern Mom

You'll find topics of all kinds I'm sure! I only wish that I had more time to devote to blogging. Maybe some day when Jo is a little older I'll be able to do daily entries....maybe

The WeatherPixie
Some Favourite Blogs
  • Postcards from the Mothership
  • Blog Pourri
  • The Emma Report
  • Life is good...at the beach
  • Hanging in there
  • Silver Creek Musings
  • the thinking square
  • So Close
  • The Infertile Turtle
  • Ordinary Stuff
  • Molly Misadventure
  • a peek inside the fish bowl
  • All The Blogs I Read
    Knitting Links
    Learn to Make it
  • Top Secret Recipes
  • Recipe Goldmine
  • Epicurious.com
  • Sunday, January 14, 2007
    The Best Place on Earth


    This is the house my mother grew up in! This is also the house that my grandfather grew up in. He actually helped build it. It is just west of Ottawa on the outskirts of Calabogie. It's quiet and peaceful and there is nothing better than curling up on the veranda in the summer with a book and just realxing. There is no cable, no computer and the phone is still on a party line. We are heading there this weekend for a quick visit. I don't think we'll go far on this visit, this will be a relax weekend with my grandparents. I'll be sure to take a winter shot if there is any snow.....I hope to get pictures of the deer (again) that come to feed every winter. Jo is looking forward to going and knows it's only 5 more sleeps until we leave. Let's hope the weather holds out and we can go!! I'll tell you all about it when we get home!

    Oh ya.... Jo is going to French Immersion with the Public School Board. I talked it over with Hubby and he agrees as well!

    posted by Northern Mom @ 9:54 p.m.  
    3 Comments:
    • At 10:19 p.m., Blogger Unknown said…

      So happy you and you hubby have come up with a decision re: schooling that you both feel good about :) I also think it's so important for kids to know more than one language. It just helps so much in the future. I grew up in Quebec...le francais est ma langue secondaire et l'anglais est ma langue maternelle :)

      Sounds like you guys are going to have a wonderful weekend. That house in the photo is lovely. I've heard Calabogie's a nice place too. Have fun!!!

       
    • At 4:18 p.m., Blogger Frecklegurl said…

      I was feeling emotional when I clicked on your blog this morning......as soon as I saw the picture of the house I started to cry. There is no other place like it in this world. I love you and hope that you get to go as planned. xoxoxo

       
    • At 10:26 a.m., Blogger BeachMama said…

      Such a beautiful house. Hope you are having a wonderful time.

      And congrats on the decision for school, it will all work out well in the end I am sure.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Northern Mom
    Home: Northern Ontario, Canada
    About Me: There isn't too much to tell. I'm Mommy to Jo, wife to Hubby. I'm the oldest of 3 siblings and 4 step siblings, Auntie to a whole bunch of kids and Great Auntie to a few as well! I'm back to working 9-5 with no weekends or nights so keeping up with everything is a challenge!
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER