Northern Mom

You'll find topics of all kinds I'm sure! I only wish that I had more time to devote to blogging. Maybe some day when Jo is a little older I'll be able to do daily entries....maybe

The WeatherPixie
Some Favourite Blogs
  • Postcards from the Mothership
  • Blog Pourri
  • The Emma Report
  • Life is good...at the beach
  • Hanging in there
  • Silver Creek Musings
  • the thinking square
  • So Close
  • The Infertile Turtle
  • Ordinary Stuff
  • Molly Misadventure
  • a peek inside the fish bowl
  • All The Blogs I Read
    Knitting Links
    Learn to Make it
  • Top Secret Recipes
  • Recipe Goldmine
  • Epicurious.com
  • Monday, December 18, 2006
    Catch Up Time!


    We finally have the tree up, the decorations are done and the Christmas Cards are in the mail. I have 4 cookie sheets of peanut brittle cooling upstairs on the table and I have decided to take part of the evening to catch up!

    The living room is as done as it's going to get. There are no bare studs, and all the drywall is up, but there is no tape or mud. The reno's have been shut down until next year. I love saying that at this time of year ;-)

    Jo has a cold and I'm almost glad that it is this week and not next. She has the raspy almost sexy sounding voice happening and she really seams to enjoy it! She talked non stop tonight and laughed when her voice cracked. I'll have to get some video tomorrow if I have time. The year she was 15 months old at Christmas she had such an awful cold that we had to stay home for dinner and ended up having pork chops and perogies. Not the Traditional Christmas dinner......life with kids!

    I still have shopping to do. I have a list and I think I'm ready. Little Miss Jo is getting far too much as usual. I will stay in town tomorrow after work and get the last of it done and then Wednesday I'll do the groceries, Thursday is gift wrap night, Friday is bowling, Saturday is Christmas at my dad's and Sunday we are hosting Christmas Eve for hubby's side. I think Monday we might just hang around home and enjoy the day. We should have plenty of leftovers from the night before. Hubby's brother is bringing the turkey that he picked out at a farm. It's 36 pounds. We might have to cut it in half to get it to fit in the oven. Tuesday Jo and I are off to Little Current to visit with some friends who are here for Christmas. I would love to take more than a day trip, but it's fiscal year end at work so there is no chance of taking a day off. The only way to get time off is to call in dead and have the certificate to prove it.

    I wish I had time while on The Island to find Chrissy and wish her a Happy Brithday in person. Wander on over and wish her a Happy 31st birthday! Chrissy, drive careful to the airport on Tuesday. It's too bad that I'm working all day. You have to almost drive right by my house to get to the there.

    We've had some sad news. Jo's sitter has lost her father. He passed away on Friday afternoon. He wasn't well and it was expected, jut not this soon. Jo will be going to my sister's on Wednesday which is the day of the funeral. Krazzy K will have Jo for most of the Christmas break so Laurie and her family can make the trek to Jamaica to honour her father's wishes and take him home. It's such a sad time for something like to happen..... He was only 61. In the last year she has lost 2 grandparents and now her dad. She was smiling today when I dropped Jo off. I was really surprised that she was ready to work already, but I suppose the kids will keep her busy enough.....Our thoughts are with her and her family.

    I'm thinking about taking an extra long weekend in February and heading to Ottawa for Winterlude. I've never been and I think Jo would love it! We'll have to see what the rest of the winter brings. We still have green grass and I have snapdragons that are still growing in one of my flower beds. If we don't get some snow soon New Year's Eve at camp isn't going to be as fun as usual. No sliding, snow machines, skating on the lake or Jug Curling. Guess we'll just have to drink, eat and find other fun!

    I'm off to see if I can crack the brittle upstairs and get it put away before Jo finds it. I'll package it up tomorrow night and take it to work for our cookie exchange and a few care packages too. I'll try and get here before Christmas, if only to Wish you all the Best of the Holiday Season!

    posted by Northern Mom @ 9:42 p.m.  
    4 Comments:
    • At 8:16 a.m., Blogger Silver Creek Mom said…

      Sounds like your organized. I finished my Christmas shopping yesterday although my heart was not in it.

      Jack and Mir are shopping tonight.
      Good night to call if you can.

      Hugs

       
    • At 11:42 a.m., Blogger Unknown said…

      Thanks so much, Barb, for your birthday wishes! Wish you had more time on the Island next week so you could pop by! Little Current is 35 mins from where we are.

      Love the pic of Jo! She's adorable. You are such an organized person! I've got a lot of last minute shopping to do. I'm normally ahead of the game, but for some reason, this year I'm wayyyy behind! Anyway, it makes a good excuse for a day trip to Espanola or Sudbury!! ;p

      BTW, you can reach me outside of the blogosphere (I think I just made that word up! LOL) at christine121875 at yahoo dot ca

       
    • At 10:53 p.m., Blogger nancy said…

      OK so THAT is a great picture.

      Christmas cards out? You too?? Well not me, not this year.

       
    • At 4:24 p.m., Blogger BeachMama said…

      You have the green grass too! It doesn't look good for Christmas or New Year here, there is still hope for Winterlude but you just never know this year. Please know you are welcome if you want to stay in the city.

      I hope Jo's cold finished before the weekend :). Glad you got all your stuff ready and the tree looks great as does the beautiful girl standing in front of it! I also love the photo of both of you.

      Condolences to your babysitter, must have been a rough year for her.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Northern Mom
    Home: Northern Ontario, Canada
    About Me: There isn't too much to tell. I'm Mommy to Jo, wife to Hubby. I'm the oldest of 3 siblings and 4 step siblings, Auntie to a whole bunch of kids and Great Auntie to a few as well! I'm back to working 9-5 with no weekends or nights so keeping up with everything is a challenge!
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER