Northern Mom

You'll find topics of all kinds I'm sure! I only wish that I had more time to devote to blogging. Maybe some day when Jo is a little older I'll be able to do daily entries....maybe

The WeatherPixie
Some Favourite Blogs
  • Postcards from the Mothership
  • Blog Pourri
  • The Emma Report
  • Life is good...at the beach
  • Hanging in there
  • Silver Creek Musings
  • the thinking square
  • So Close
  • The Infertile Turtle
  • Ordinary Stuff
  • Molly Misadventure
  • a peek inside the fish bowl
  • All The Blogs I Read
    Knitting Links
    Learn to Make it
  • Top Secret Recipes
  • Recipe Goldmine
  • Epicurious.com
  • Monday, February 05, 2007
    It's a tad cold
    I was really liking winter until about 2 weeks ago when the deep freeze set in. It is cold here all day and worse at night. The forecasted low for tonight is -27C and the high for tomorrow is only -15C and then factor in the wind.....

    Nothing new here....let's see

    I was awake almost all of Wednesday night with Jo who had a nasty stomach bug and then hubby got it and was in bed from Friday afternoon until Sunday morning. I am just hoping that I won't be next.

    I am slowly mucking out and organizing the basement. It really needs it and if it hasn't been used in the last year, then out it goes. I will be putting some of it on eBay so I can get the Camera I want

    Things are busy enough at work and I am getting more comfortable with the Payable side of the job having been doing it now for almost a month.

    I got myself 2 new pair of glasses last week. The Optometrist mentioned bifocals, but the optician said it wasn't worth it...thank goodness!

    We are going on Thursday to register Jo for school (SOB). We have decided on the Public Board and she will be going to French Immersion.

    We also have dental appointments booked for Jo and myself sometime this month. I have the date written down at work. The dentist is supposed to be amazing with kids and Jo has already decided that it's going to hurt and we are trying to convince her that it's not. Let's hope she behaves.

    That's about it for now...more another day!
    posted by Northern Mom @ 7:40 p.m.  
    3 Comments:
    • At 9:06 a.m., Blogger Silver Creek Mom said…

      And we're supposed to get another 8 to 10 days of this weather... aww Febuary. Can't wait for March!

       
    • At 8:13 p.m., Blogger BeachMama said…

      The cold has been driving me nuts too! We also have to do a clearing of the basement and other areas of the house, just not up for it yet.

      As for the dentist, I took J last September and he loved it. The first visit is more of an introduction and they show them how the tools look and how they look at their teeth and stuff. It was lots of fun for him, tell Jo it didn't hurt a bit.

       
    • At 8:24 p.m., Blogger Frecklegurl said…

      I love you sister

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Northern Mom
    Home: Northern Ontario, Canada
    About Me: There isn't too much to tell. I'm Mommy to Jo, wife to Hubby. I'm the oldest of 3 siblings and 4 step siblings, Auntie to a whole bunch of kids and Great Auntie to a few as well! I'm back to working 9-5 with no weekends or nights so keeping up with everything is a challenge!
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER