Northern Mom

You'll find topics of all kinds I'm sure! I only wish that I had more time to devote to blogging. Maybe some day when Jo is a little older I'll be able to do daily entries....maybe

The WeatherPixie
Some Favourite Blogs
  • Postcards from the Mothership
  • Blog Pourri
  • The Emma Report
  • Life is good...at the beach
  • Hanging in there
  • Silver Creek Musings
  • the thinking square
  • So Close
  • The Infertile Turtle
  • Ordinary Stuff
  • Molly Misadventure
  • a peek inside the fish bowl
  • All The Blogs I Read
    Knitting Links
    Learn to Make it
  • Top Secret Recipes
  • Recipe Goldmine
  • Epicurious.com
  • Tuesday, June 06, 2006
    More Catching Up
    We had planned on heading to Renfrew/Calabogie early on Friday morning to do some visiting before going to a wedding on Saturday and then back home Sunday. On Thursday night the crew called to do this and put us a little behind schedule.

    It was almost worth it! We had hoped to get the driveway done last week, so that it would have no cars parked in it while we were away. That part worked out ok, but I would have loved more visiting time with my grandparents.

    I had called Nana on Wednesday to let her know that we would be bringing our own bedding and asked if she would like me to bring supper on Friday. She had been in bed for over a week, throwing up and the other end acting up too. When we did talk she said that she had seen the Dr and that she was to continue with Gravol and Imodium. Somewhere between the time that I talked to her on Wednesday and finally got to see her on Saturday morning, she had gone to the hospital and was told that her pancreas has stopped working. She looked awful and I don't think I've ever seen her looking so pale. My grandfather doesn't look well either. You can see the worry in his eyes. I know that I am very lucky to still have both of my grandparents, but I'm not ready to let them go. Jo loves her "Nanny Binky" and sat her with her this weekend and cuddled. All the way home, Jo kept telling us that Nanny Binky puked and was sick. During one of the cuddles Jo poked Nana with her elbow and told Jo she had a sharp arm. This got repeated over and over all the way home. My aunt said that if she wasn't better by mid week that she was going to take her back to the hospital. I'm hoping that no news is good news.

    So, it looks like I might be doing some travelling this summer. A few quick weekend trips if things don't improve. It looks like Hubby might have some full weekends with Jo, unless he comes with me. I guess it will all depend on how Nana is feeling. Maybe some hugs with that sharp part of Jo's arm might just do the trick!

    posted by Northern Mom @ 11:24 p.m.  
    1 Comments:
    • At 6:33 a.m., Blogger BeachMama said…

      Yay! You have a driveway!! I was a bit confused about the house, did you actually take out a door and not put one back in? And is that the back or the front? I love the siding, looks good.

      I am sorry to hear your Nana is not doing so well, hopefully they can get things fixed up for her so she isn't so sick. There is nothing more exhausting than being sick all the time.

      We will definately make the trip over if you come for some short visits this summer.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Northern Mom
    Home: Northern Ontario, Canada
    About Me: There isn't too much to tell. I'm Mommy to Jo, wife to Hubby. I'm the oldest of 3 siblings and 4 step siblings, Auntie to a whole bunch of kids and Great Auntie to a few as well! I'm back to working 9-5 with no weekends or nights so keeping up with everything is a challenge!
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER