Northern Mom

You'll find topics of all kinds I'm sure! I only wish that I had more time to devote to blogging. Maybe some day when Jo is a little older I'll be able to do daily entries....maybe

The WeatherPixie
Some Favourite Blogs
  • Postcards from the Mothership
  • Blog Pourri
  • The Emma Report
  • Life is good...at the beach
  • Hanging in there
  • Silver Creek Musings
  • the thinking square
  • So Close
  • The Infertile Turtle
  • Ordinary Stuff
  • Molly Misadventure
  • a peek inside the fish bowl
  • All The Blogs I Read
    Knitting Links
    Learn to Make it
  • Top Secret Recipes
  • Recipe Goldmine
  • Epicurious.com
  • Wednesday, June 21, 2006
    The blog about nothing...
    I'm not sure I have anything to blog about.
    So I'll start with the meme from Twinmom that I should have tidied first...



    So, whats on my fridge

    1. Pics of friends and some of their parents
    2. A birthday card that should have been taken down long ago
    3. A business card from Hubby's cousin who paved the driveway
    4. Wooden Alphabets
    5. Assorted Magnets
    6. A letter Jo got from Nana
    7. On the side is the calendar and lots of other junk
    8. The other side that you can't see is full of magnets too

    See anybody familiar??

    Danigirl has me thinking about taking Jo to the dentist. We fight with her at least once a day to brush her teeth. I should call and make an appt for the fall. Maybe the dentist can stop her from sucking her thumb too. She only does it to fall asleep and then through some of the night. I've tried to pull it out when she is asleep and I get this one eye stare and she rolls away with it back in her mouth. I haven't been to the dentist in years. Maybe it's time to get us both in there.

    What else?

    I hope to get the basement finished this weekend. We really need to get the furnace guy in here and then decide if we need central air. I'm not sure that we really need it. The house is only 900 square feet and the little ones in the window keep my happy. If the house was bigger then I think it would be beneficial, but with nobody in the house all day and a full basement that is cool is enough for me? Any pros/cons? Northern Ontario can have some hot humid spells. In fact we can go from having the furnace on in the morning to needing AC in the afternoon. We also might go with some friends to Cuba in February and I'd rather that than Central Air. This will be the last year we will be able to go away and not have Jo miss school. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

    I haven't been out golfing yet this year. I just find that after a full day of work and then trying to get stuff done in the house I just don't have the energy. Weekends are too short. Maybe I'll take a "Mommy Day" soon and get my butt out there.

    I'm having "L" over on Saturday to give me hand with Jo. Hubby is working and there is no getting anything done with Jo by myself. I need to clean closets and organize. If the weather is good then the two of them will hopefully be outside most of the day. This will be a test for "L" to see if she can look after Jo. I hate to nag on her, but if she can't do it when I'm here, then she can't do it when I'm not.

    Work has been exhausting this week. My main job is Accounts Receivable. There are 3 of us in the office. I have to learn the other 2 positions before mid July. There are 4 weeks of vacation to cover so I need to learn some of the admin stuff and this week I've been learning how to key all the inventory and payables. It's lots to absorb in a few days.

    Jo has been sleeping really well lately. (I'm knocking on wood) I am up before her most mornings and on the weekend Hubby and I both were awake at 730 and wondered why we were awake. Jo slept until 830!

    For nothing to blog about....I said alot!

    posted by Northern Mom @ 8:12 p.m.  
    5 Comments:
    • At 9:30 p.m., Blogger Krazzy K said…

      Cute Pictures, You fridge looks neater in the picture unless you cleaned it up (HA!..YOU!..CLEAN!) Kidding kidding. Yah, L will have to stand the test of time. And Also knocking on wood that Jo doesn't wake up in the morning!
      As for the whole golfing Situation, i'll be there most of the summer, therefor it's not a big deal to go out on evenings to the range or for a game.(that is if your not tired) lol. Anyways. i'm counting the days, i'm done school and next wednesday i'll be over at your house and thursday is DORA!!(o..shhh..I should be quiet.. don't want Jo to find out) lol
      Hugs Kisses
      KrAzZy-K

       
    • At 8:43 a.m., Blogger BeachMama said…

      Love the fridge :)

      If you don't go to the range, then I won't feel so bad when we play a round together!!

      J slept until 7 this morning, I think I got too much sleep, I am all out of whack!!!

       
    • At 8:46 a.m., Blogger Silver Creek Mom said…

      Nice Fridge at least it looks better than mine. Mine is a rust bucket. just waiting for the pictures to upload so i can do this meme.

      WOW those are narsty bites on JO. And who's the HOT momma in the RED suit? Shit B your looking good!

       
    • At 9:01 a.m., Blogger twinmomplusone said…

      thanks for playing along...the point was NOT to clean it up but to see what's on it on a day to day basis

      haven't been to the range either, haven't worn my brand new golf shoes since i bought them last fall :(

      trip to Cuba sounds more fun that AC, if your window one works, stay with it, you can always add AC another year ;)

      good luck with teh ongoing reno and work...one busy lady you are

      as for the dentist, seeing me socially doesn't count ;)...get Jo in there, make sure its a kid friendly office and don't make a bid deal out of it, I'm sure she'll do great

       
    • At 1:50 p.m., Blogger nancy said…

      I see people I know!!!

      CUBA
      CUBA
      CUBA!!!

      That's a great nothing post!!

      P.S. I think golf is boring.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Northern Mom
    Home: Northern Ontario, Canada
    About Me: There isn't too much to tell. I'm Mommy to Jo, wife to Hubby. I'm the oldest of 3 siblings and 4 step siblings, Auntie to a whole bunch of kids and Great Auntie to a few as well! I'm back to working 9-5 with no weekends or nights so keeping up with everything is a challenge!
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER