Northern Mom

You'll find topics of all kinds I'm sure! I only wish that I had more time to devote to blogging. Maybe some day when Jo is a little older I'll be able to do daily entries....maybe

The WeatherPixie
Some Favourite Blogs
  • Postcards from the Mothership
  • Blog Pourri
  • The Emma Report
  • Life is good...at the beach
  • Hanging in there
  • Silver Creek Musings
  • the thinking square
  • So Close
  • The Infertile Turtle
  • Ordinary Stuff
  • Molly Misadventure
  • a peek inside the fish bowl
  • All The Blogs I Read
    Knitting Links
    Learn to Make it
  • Top Secret Recipes
  • Recipe Goldmine
  • Epicurious.com
  • Friday, July 28, 2006
    It would start..then it would stop
    I took Krazzy K home and then Jo and I went to Giant Tiger to stock up on some food and stuff for the weekend. We came out of the store, loaded Jo into her carseat and hit the remote to start the truck while I was loading the packages and the truck would start..then stop..then start..then stop. So, thinking it was the remote I tried to start it with the key. It would start, then it would stop. I called hubby and he came to the rescue only to have the same thing happen to him. As he was pulling in my sister drove by and stopped to see what was happening, a few minutes later my brother stops in.....So....the truck was towed to Canadian Tire, Jo came home in my brothers truck and my 2 nephews and Jo are "sleeping" in the driveway as I am typing this. The truck will be looked at first thing tomorrow morning and if it's fixable and early enough we might still go. If not we are home bound. 5 people and 3 seatbelts just don't cut it!

    And for the record..I have no idea where Halfway Lake is Halfway too....It's only a little more than and hour from here, so it's not halfway between Sudbury and Timmins...who knows. If we get there this weekend I'll be sure to ask.


    Satuday morning update! It was the theft system and nothing else major. The remote starter has been removed and all is well. We are almost packed and will be camping closer to home tonight! Good weekend to all
    posted by Northern Mom @ 10:08 p.m.  
    3 Comments:
    • At 12:01 a.m., Blogger twinmomplusone said…

      phew! good thing it was easy to fix. Funny how I had a similar problem due to teh theft thing in our car just a while back.

      hoping you have great weather and loads of fun there

       
    • At 8:00 a.m., Blogger BeachMama said…

      glad it was a quick fix, I can't wait to hear about your first getaway!!

       
    • At 2:55 p.m., Blogger Krazzy K said…

      Oh my.. Seems every time you wanna go somewhere something always happends. whether it be the battery or the theft thingy.. just too weird. I hope you guys have fun.. Except for the horrible weather that we had in sudbury and at camp..

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Northern Mom
    Home: Northern Ontario, Canada
    About Me: There isn't too much to tell. I'm Mommy to Jo, wife to Hubby. I'm the oldest of 3 siblings and 4 step siblings, Auntie to a whole bunch of kids and Great Auntie to a few as well! I'm back to working 9-5 with no weekends or nights so keeping up with everything is a challenge!
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER