Northern Mom

You'll find topics of all kinds I'm sure! I only wish that I had more time to devote to blogging. Maybe some day when Jo is a little older I'll be able to do daily entries....maybe

The WeatherPixie
Some Favourite Blogs
  • Postcards from the Mothership
  • Blog Pourri
  • The Emma Report
  • Life is good...at the beach
  • Hanging in there
  • Silver Creek Musings
  • the thinking square
  • So Close
  • The Infertile Turtle
  • Ordinary Stuff
  • Molly Misadventure
  • a peek inside the fish bowl
  • All The Blogs I Read
    Knitting Links
    Learn to Make it
  • Top Secret Recipes
  • Recipe Goldmine
  • Epicurious.com
  • Sunday, June 25, 2006
    Sunday in the Sun
    Considering the weather forecast called for rain today, we only got a few drops. Jo had a great time in the pool with her friend Madison! They played in the sandbox, had a swim, a picnic and then played with sidewalk chalk! So far the best investment we have made this year is the paved driveway! It's awesome!





    We are housesitting for friends of ours who travel a fair bit. They get away more in the winter months because they have this amazing yard that is a full time job to look as beautiful as it does. They have travelled off to Southern Ontario this weekend to celebrate a 40th birthday and they will be home for a day or two and then are flying off to Moncton. So that means for most of the long weekend we have full use of the yard, pool and house. It's like a mini vacation for us. Jo was hesitant to go in the pool today, but did have a great time in the sauna. I'm aiming for good weather next weekend!

    Seven come Eleven!

    After reading Nancy's post about her anniversary, I can't top it! But come Friday we will have been married for 11 years. I'm sorta playing with the idea of sending Jo to Gramma's for the night and maybe after dinner going for a sauna, swim and maybe spend the night......We'll have to see how the week goes.

    Thursday we are off to see Dora, Boots and Diego! I have taken the entire day off work and Krazzy K and I will have girls day with Jo! Hubby is on a huge job this week so we won't see much of him at all. I guess I'll have to wait until Thursday to see how far they are to see if Friday can be planned out.

    I took Jo downtown today. I blogged way back when about how quiet it is downtown. I wanted to go to Hart (it's an upscale(?) version of Giant Tiger) to buy these clear plastic sweater boxes that are great for storing my wool in. Jo was a real trooper and it was great mommy and Jo time. I remember as a kid going to this same shopping center and being afraid of the escalator. I recall thinking that if I didn't step off it right away that I would go "under" the moving part of the stairs. I out grew that fear and learned that it's a whole lot easier to just stand and get your butt moved up to the next level and not have to exert any energy. Jo saw the escalator today and we went up and then right back down after going into one store and then we had to do it a second time when we were getting ready to go home. She loved it! Silver Creek Mom can attest to that!

    I stopped in at the furniture store that I worked at all winter. It's beautiful, the furniture is beautiful and I think I'm glad that I took the position that I have now. The staff have all been taken off of there Unemployment and there isn't much traffic in the store at all. One told me that she made a whopping $27.00 this week, but won't even see that until August or September. Commissions don't get paid until the goods are delivered and there is no stock in the warehouse at all. It was a hard decision for me to make, but I think for now it's the right one. And in other good news, starting in July the company will be paying our entire benefit package. It will make a difference of almost $40.00 a week on Hubby's pay! Woohoo!

    I'm off to organize the yarn and maybe get the kitchen tidied before bed! Here is a shot of Jo tonight amongst the flowers!

    posted by Northern Mom @ 8:35 p.m.  
    4 Comments:
    • At 9:23 p.m., Blogger nancy said…

      That girl is beautiful. Great post, but that last pic in the flowers is my favourite.

      We are desperate for a new driveway, I think you may have the extra incentive we need to actually go ahead and do it!

       
    • At 9:46 p.m., Blogger Krazzy K said…

      Awh. She is just too cute! I can't wait to see Dora!

       
    • At 7:33 a.m., Blogger Silver Creek Mom said…

      Sounds like as busy as ever. Jo is too cute.

      I will be married 24 yrs at the end of the July...Where does the time go?

       
    • At 9:49 p.m., Blogger BeachMama said…

      Happy Early Anniversary :)

      That is one beautiful photo of Jo. You sound like you are having a great time. When I go shopping alone with J I let him walk, and he loves the escalators. I used to be afraid of them, but am doing well with him on it.

      Your pool looks inviting, I only hope J will get in ours soon.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Northern Mom
    Home: Northern Ontario, Canada
    About Me: There isn't too much to tell. I'm Mommy to Jo, wife to Hubby. I'm the oldest of 3 siblings and 4 step siblings, Auntie to a whole bunch of kids and Great Auntie to a few as well! I'm back to working 9-5 with no weekends or nights so keeping up with everything is a challenge!
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER