Northern Mom

You'll find topics of all kinds I'm sure! I only wish that I had more time to devote to blogging. Maybe some day when Jo is a little older I'll be able to do daily entries....maybe

The WeatherPixie
Some Favourite Blogs
  • Postcards from the Mothership
  • Blog Pourri
  • The Emma Report
  • Life is good...at the beach
  • Hanging in there
  • Silver Creek Musings
  • the thinking square
  • So Close
  • The Infertile Turtle
  • Ordinary Stuff
  • Molly Misadventure
  • a peek inside the fish bowl
  • All The Blogs I Read
    Knitting Links
    Learn to Make it
  • Top Secret Recipes
  • Recipe Goldmine
  • Epicurious.com
  • Tuesday, April 24, 2007
    Quick Update
    A quick funny first, then the update.
    Tonight Jo wanted me to play with her in the living room. I was in the process of putting supper away and said to her, "I can't right now, Mommy is tidying the kitchen" To which she replied "Why? Is somebody coming over?"
    What a kid!

    Now for Baby O


    The chemo went better today than yesterday.

    Here is part of yesterdays email

    "She was in a lot of pain today, her little tummy was full of cramps from the chemo and all the medication she had to take."


    I chatted briefly with my dad this afternoon and it was better than yesterday. I will be on the road Saturday morning with my sister to spend the night with them.

    Here is something that my step brother wrote, I hope he doesn't mind me posting it. It brought tears to my eyes when I read it.

    "To my sweet niece Olivia. Many feel this is unfair that a little girl has to go through what your are about to go through in your battle with cancer. I believe that our soul returns to Earth for a specific purpose and we choose to live the life we live. Many make sacrifices of themselves to teach others around them. In the past week I have learned from you about strength, love and to focus on what is truly important in life. Many issues that I thought were important all of a sudden aren't. I wish you didn't have to go through this and I know you have a difficult time ahead but you have the support and love of your family and you will be fine. You are a fighter and you have reminded me to fight for what I want and for that I thank you. I love you sweetie.

    Uncle Pep"

    Labels:

    posted by Northern Mom @ 9:42 p.m.  
    4 Comments:
    • At 10:56 p.m., Blogger nancy said…

      Once I cleaned the entire basement (a rare occasion) and the next morning Ben goes down and says, "Wow, it's so clean! Mommy?? Was Gramps' cleaning lady in our house?"

      And thank you for the O update...I am praying for positive results.

       
    • At 12:26 p.m., Blogger Silver Creek Mom said…

      My kids always figure when I clean someone is comng over. I gues I should clean more...Nah.

      Keeping O in my thoughts.
      And your Brothers words are Awesome.

       
    • At 2:41 p.m., Blogger BeachMama said…

      Oh Jo is so cute.

      Thanks for the update. I hope that her first day was the worst one she will have to endure.

      Your brothers words were beautiful.

       
    • At 3:27 p.m., Blogger Unknown said…

      Oh, Barb...your brother's letter made me cry. Seriously...it was a very beautiful note. Thoughts and prayers go out to Baby O.

      PS. Jo is hilarious! What a cute kid!

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Northern Mom
    Home: Northern Ontario, Canada
    About Me: There isn't too much to tell. I'm Mommy to Jo, wife to Hubby. I'm the oldest of 3 siblings and 4 step siblings, Auntie to a whole bunch of kids and Great Auntie to a few as well! I'm back to working 9-5 with no weekends or nights so keeping up with everything is a challenge!
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER