Northern Mom

You'll find topics of all kinds I'm sure! I only wish that I had more time to devote to blogging. Maybe some day when Jo is a little older I'll be able to do daily entries....maybe

The WeatherPixie
Some Favourite Blogs
  • Postcards from the Mothership
  • Blog Pourri
  • The Emma Report
  • Life is good...at the beach
  • Hanging in there
  • Silver Creek Musings
  • the thinking square
  • So Close
  • The Infertile Turtle
  • Ordinary Stuff
  • Molly Misadventure
  • a peek inside the fish bowl
  • All The Blogs I Read
    Knitting Links
    Learn to Make it
  • Top Secret Recipes
  • Recipe Goldmine
  • Epicurious.com
  • Saturday, April 14, 2007
    Thoughts for Jo's cousin are needed.....



    Jo's cousin "Baby O" is in Toronto at Sick Kid's Hospital and has been since Thursday night. I don't have all the details except that she has a tumor in her eye and will be having some more testing done on Monday. We haven't been given the official diagnosis because my dad doesn't want us freaking out and getting too much info online. So far as we can figure out on our own and with what we have been told, O has Retinoblastoma. On Monday they will be sedating her, possibly right under and doing a very thorough exam. We do know that there will be radiation and laser involved with no mention of chemo yet.(we hope) The picture attached is from last weekend. I have no idea what to tell Jo, so I have told her nothing and hope that I don't have to at any point. O and her parents are surrounded by family. My dad and step mom are with them in Toronto and some of O's dad's family is there as well. They spent 6 weeks in Portugal over Christmas with family because O's grampa was diagnosed with cancer and didn't have a good prognosis. I can only imagine how they are feeling. I am kinda thankful that my dad is there with them although it must be bringing up old memories of being at Sick Kids with my brother when he was battling cancer so many years ago. He can well understand how O's parents are feeling and can hopefully help them through. I'll try and keep you posted with updates when we get them. Olivia just turned a year old on the 4th of April.

    I don't have much faith anymore and am not sure what or who to believe, but maybe if there are enough good thoughts and prayers she'll get through all of this............

    Labels:

    posted by Northern Mom @ 10:50 p.m.  
    2 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Northern Mom
    Home: Northern Ontario, Canada
    About Me: There isn't too much to tell. I'm Mommy to Jo, wife to Hubby. I'm the oldest of 3 siblings and 4 step siblings, Auntie to a whole bunch of kids and Great Auntie to a few as well! I'm back to working 9-5 with no weekends or nights so keeping up with everything is a challenge!
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER