Northern Mom

You'll find topics of all kinds I'm sure! I only wish that I had more time to devote to blogging. Maybe some day when Jo is a little older I'll be able to do daily entries....maybe

The WeatherPixie
Some Favourite Blogs
  • Postcards from the Mothership
  • Blog Pourri
  • The Emma Report
  • Life is good...at the beach
  • Hanging in there
  • Silver Creek Musings
  • the thinking square
  • So Close
  • The Infertile Turtle
  • Ordinary Stuff
  • Molly Misadventure
  • a peek inside the fish bowl
  • All The Blogs I Read
    Knitting Links
    Learn to Make it
  • Top Secret Recipes
  • Recipe Goldmine
  • Epicurious.com
  • Tuesday, October 17, 2006
    Progress

    I've been somewhat of an absent blogger these days. Between trying to sneak naps in and get some of the renos happening there just doesn't seem to be much time.

    What have we been up to? On Thanksgiving Weekend Jo and I took a day trip to Little Current on Manitoulin Island and had a great visit with some of my childhood friends! The weather was perfect and so was the company. Even without a nap Jo did pretty good. She did however find out that no matter where we are, or who's around that Mommy doesn't really like it when you stick your tongue out and act bold. We have now started taking things away when we get attitude from her. I had tried this in the past, but if I threatened to shut her movie off, she did it for me. Now things have changed and she isn't very happy when her Curious George Movie is on the line to be taken away. She thinks her Playdoh is in the garbage, but is actually out in the garage as part of a lesson.

    We've had snow which Jo thought was just great and is disappointed when there is no snow on the windshield in the morning to dust off with the wipers. Hopefully the novelty will wear off by mid December and she'll dislike the snow and cold too.

    I've been trying to take things easy. I'm 5 weeks post op and still having some hurting issues when I know I have done too much. Hence not answering the phone this aft when Silver Creek Mom called. I was snoozin'.

    I noticed over Thanksgiving weekend that my brakes were making a funny sound. They are metal on metal. Tomorrow my truck goes in. I don't think I'm going to like the bill at the end of it, but it has to be done.

    I found out that "M" and the 4 kids have moved back in with my Mother In Law. Apparantly they originally moved out of there because the kids were wrecking the place, then went to Hubby's Brothers and that didn't work out either so back they went. My MIL is in her 70's and really doesn't need 4 kids running around....


    Here are some pictures of the progress!


    Jo helping with the taping and mud

    The new closet done and almost full! At least now I can find the clothes I need for Toronto this weekend!

    The view from the kitchen. The first door is a closet that is coming out and the second my bedroom. There used to be a wall and couldn't see this from the kitchen.

    This used to be an opening going into the living room which will soon become the bedroom.

     Posted by Picasa
    posted by Northern Mom @ 9:08 p.m.  
    2 Comments:
    • At 8:01 a.m., Blogger BeachMama said…

      Glad you are starting to feel a bit better.

      We are going through attitude here too. We take away the sacred blue blanket! Works like a charm every time.

      I thought of you with the snow last week. Here's hoping you only get this one sprinkling for now and that it holds off for a while here too.

      Love the renos, you are brave letting her help with the taping and mudding. I wouldn't want the extra work of fixing it. We may be painting here soon, I can't wait.

       
    • At 9:17 p.m., Blogger Unknown said…

      Little Current! That's 40 mins from where we are!

      Glad you're feeling a bit better :)

      Those photos are precious!

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Northern Mom
    Home: Northern Ontario, Canada
    About Me: There isn't too much to tell. I'm Mommy to Jo, wife to Hubby. I'm the oldest of 3 siblings and 4 step siblings, Auntie to a whole bunch of kids and Great Auntie to a few as well! I'm back to working 9-5 with no weekends or nights so keeping up with everything is a challenge!
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER