Northern Mom

You'll find topics of all kinds I'm sure! I only wish that I had more time to devote to blogging. Maybe some day when Jo is a little older I'll be able to do daily entries....maybe

The WeatherPixie
Some Favourite Blogs
  • Postcards from the Mothership
  • Blog Pourri
  • The Emma Report
  • Life is good...at the beach
  • Hanging in there
  • Silver Creek Musings
  • the thinking square
  • So Close
  • The Infertile Turtle
  • Ordinary Stuff
  • Molly Misadventure
  • a peek inside the fish bowl
  • All The Blogs I Read
    Knitting Links
    Learn to Make it
  • Top Secret Recipes
  • Recipe Goldmine
  • Epicurious.com
  • Thursday, October 05, 2006
    I'm blah...just blah blah blah
    I'm not even sure why. The change of the seasons, side effects from the surgery, not taking my antidepressants twice a day like I should. I am supposed to take one in the morning and one at night. It's the morning one that I always forget. When I am working I have the bottle of pills in my drawer so when I open it to take out the tools for the day (pencil, eraser, pen, whiteout etc) I grab the bottle and take them. I should make a note somewhere and remind myself. I've been very tired the last week or so too. Again, it could be the above.
    I was having a great sleep this morning after I dropped Jo of at Daycare and then I heard a knock at the door. It was two JW's came knocking at the door. I was not impressed. I looked at them and said, "I just had surgery and I'm sleeping." They apologized and I closed the door pretty much in their faces. I was telling my mom about this tonight when we took Jo to gymnastics and she told me that I was rude. I reminded her that other religions don't come knocking at the door...she agreed, but still thought I was rude.
    I don't have the inclination to even sit in front of mindless TV and knit. I'm getting ready for a girls weekend and I am having a hard time mustering up the energy to even feel like going. It's a long weekend here starting tomorrow and I have a dear friend coming up to the Island. If the weather looks good I think I'll make a day trip on Sunday to visit the gang. Seeing L always perks me up. She is much like her mom was. Sees the good in all. I miss her mom....

    Jo has wet her bed 2 nights in a row now. We started last Sunday and she has been good 8 of 11 nights. I put her fuzzy warm sheets on today and she was so excited about how cozy it was gonna be. I told hubby we should get her up and put her on the toilet before we go to bed. It sucks so bad that I can't lift her to do it myself. We'll see what tomorrow morning brings.

    It is frustrating that I can't do so many of the things I normally do by myself. Laundry is sitting down here folded and I've asked hubby to bring it upstairs, but there isn't much point. If you could see the mess upstairs with drywall or lack of, wiring.....renofuckingvations... and I can't help with any of it. I can't put half my laundry away in my closet because that's where the access to the attic is, so everytime hubby has to go up there to pull wires (I was really tempted to say pull his wire) the closet has to be emptied. It will be nice when the new closet it finished and I can put things away properly.

    My beautiful tree is now almost empty of the leaves already. Hubby had the rake out the other night and raked the leaves into a pile at the bottom of the slide. It was all I could do not to take the rake and do it too.

    See how frustrating this whole hysterectomy thing has been. I really thought that by now I would be feeling much better, but I'm still sore and I think the whole reality of it all has set in. I have my follow up on the 25th and if I'm not feeling better by then I'll ask him about it. The long term outlook is good. I won't be keeping the feminine products companies in business and won't have to purchase any of that stuff for 8 or 10 years (hopefully).

    I stopped in at the furniture store that I used to work at and I would love nothing better than to be back there. My bosses both asked if I was there for my old position. I told them that maybe once Jo is in school I'll go back. My one boss there has little ones and understands that Jo is in a good routine now, but damn I'd love to be back. The stuff is gorgeous! They are selling The Ashley Line and the store is gorgeous. Nice and clean and bright! I wanted to really look at the stuff, but spent all my time visiting instead and I knew if I really wandered the store I'd be more "homesick" than I was before.

    I'm off to watch ER and then off to bed....Things will look brighter in the morning I hope!
    posted by Northern Mom @ 9:28 p.m.  
    3 Comments:
    • At 11:30 p.m., Blogger nancy said…

      Hang in sister...thinking of you.

      xoxo

       
    • At 5:09 p.m., Blogger Silver Creek Mom said…

      HANG IN THERE CHICKIE! We're going to have a blast! You and I and TO will never bee the same. I'll make you smile. ANd if your feeling crappy call ME!

      AND I love you hun.
      But don't tell the hubby we have a thing going on...he might not like it.

      ;0

       
    • At 11:17 a.m., Blogger BeachMama said…

      Oh my, I hope you are feeling better by now. Although my surgery was so, so much less complicated, I can say that I understand completely. I can understand why you think you should be doing so much more already. I hope this past week has been good to you.

      Hugs.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Northern Mom
    Home: Northern Ontario, Canada
    About Me: There isn't too much to tell. I'm Mommy to Jo, wife to Hubby. I'm the oldest of 3 siblings and 4 step siblings, Auntie to a whole bunch of kids and Great Auntie to a few as well! I'm back to working 9-5 with no weekends or nights so keeping up with everything is a challenge!
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER