Northern Mom

You'll find topics of all kinds I'm sure! I only wish that I had more time to devote to blogging. Maybe some day when Jo is a little older I'll be able to do daily entries....maybe

The WeatherPixie
Some Favourite Blogs
  • Postcards from the Mothership
  • Blog Pourri
  • The Emma Report
  • Life is good...at the beach
  • Hanging in there
  • Silver Creek Musings
  • the thinking square
  • So Close
  • The Infertile Turtle
  • Ordinary Stuff
  • Molly Misadventure
  • a peek inside the fish bowl
  • All The Blogs I Read
    Knitting Links
    Learn to Make it
  • Top Secret Recipes
  • Recipe Goldmine
  • Epicurious.com
  • Wednesday, September 20, 2006
    Nothing Today
    Well....not nothing I suppose.

    I got out last night to do some shopping with my mom. We went to Value Village and being Tuesday it's seniors day so I managed to get myself a few things, a nightgown for Jo, a pair of jeans for Hubby to work in and some more stuff for eBay. My auctions are doing well and I'm up to a little over $100.00 in bids and I'm really hoping that they rise. Lots of hits and lots of watchers and I hope to get another bunch done today. I have 52 on the go as of today and maybe I'll get 15 or more done today. Wanna see them? Here they are. A month from today and I fly from here to Toronto for my Mom's Weekend. No kids, no hubby just a bunch of great women to shop, eat and drink with! I am considering a limo from the airport to downtown as a treat to myself and I just might swing by the train station to get SCM and we can arrive in style to our Hotel. Her and I were chatting yesterday about renting one on Saturday night to take us all out to dinner! Maybe...maybe not.

    The side effects of the anesthetic are starting to show. I had some teary moments yesterday and the info from the hospital said that crying for no reason is normal. I didn't cry, but almost. The itch has started at my incision so I know that is starting to heal and it still feels weird because I can feel pressure, but not really if that makes any sense! Cutting the nerves will do that.....

    Jo has been an angel with me. She climbs up on me very slowly and is very careful around me too! She sure has a tender side. She is also getting more and more excited for her birthday which is quickly approaching. My baby is going to be 3 on Monday. We are having 2 little parties for her. On Sunday we will BBQ with some friends and family and a combined birthday with my mom whose birthday is Sunday. Then on Monday we will do it again without the BBQ and have cake then too. We are down to the last few pull ups. We've told her that once she is 3 she has to wear panties to bed. I might be washing sheets every morning for a few days, but I'm hoping that's all it will take.....

    I'm off to start my day! I have to wonder why it's so easy to get up this early when I have the day to everything and I have to fight to get myself up to go to work most days.....go figure!
    posted by Northern Mom @ 7:23 a.m.  
    3 Comments:
    • At 1:22 p.m., Blogger nancy said…

      Shopping? Already? Take it easy will ya. Glad to hear you are having some fun on ebay again, I'll check it out.

      No WAY Jo is gonna be THREE!!!

      I still remember "Can I be ready in 6 weeks?"

       
    • At 3:59 p.m., Blogger Silver Creek Mom said…

      YUP! I remeber that too Nancy and being Shocked.

      B I still think your a hoot to want to pick me up in a limo...How long is it gonna take for you to be downtown to pick me up...Got my 1/2 of the money ready!

      Wonder who is gonna make it to the suite frist? ;)

       
    • At 6:53 a.m., Blogger BeachMama said…

      Nancy, I remember that too, and being that J was just so new (he was either a few days from arriving or had just arrived and it took me 9 whole months to get ready), I thought to myself "She won't have time to be ready". But you did it and here it is three years later! I can't believe how fast these little guys are growing.

      Sounds like you are healing up well am thankful for that. Was praying for a speedy recovery for you. As for waking early, after my anesthetic I didn't sleep or wake normally for almost two weeks. I felt like I was permanently awake. Hope that wears off soon for you.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Northern Mom
    Home: Northern Ontario, Canada
    About Me: There isn't too much to tell. I'm Mommy to Jo, wife to Hubby. I'm the oldest of 3 siblings and 4 step siblings, Auntie to a whole bunch of kids and Great Auntie to a few as well! I'm back to working 9-5 with no weekends or nights so keeping up with everything is a challenge!
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER