Northern Mom

You'll find topics of all kinds I'm sure! I only wish that I had more time to devote to blogging. Maybe some day when Jo is a little older I'll be able to do daily entries....maybe

The WeatherPixie
Some Favourite Blogs
  • Postcards from the Mothership
  • Blog Pourri
  • The Emma Report
  • Life is good...at the beach
  • Hanging in there
  • Silver Creek Musings
  • the thinking square
  • So Close
  • The Infertile Turtle
  • Ordinary Stuff
  • Molly Misadventure
  • a peek inside the fish bowl
  • All The Blogs I Read
    Knitting Links
    Learn to Make it
  • Top Secret Recipes
  • Recipe Goldmine
  • Epicurious.com
  • Monday, September 04, 2006
    Labour Day Weekend Recap


    We were packed and ready on Thursday night and we arrived in Calabogie around midnight, got ourselves level and set up and were in bed by 2 I think. The first thing Jo said when she woke around 8 on Friday morning was that she wanted to go and see her Nanny Binkie. We snuck up to the house and peeked in the kitchen door to see the biggest smile on Nana's face. I think she beat us to the front door to get it open for a hug. They weren't expecting us until later on Friday so I think it was a great surprise to see us for breakfast. We had amazing weather on Friday and did a lot of visiting and relaxing. Friday night we had a bonfire complete with sparklers and spider dogs and a few beverages for the adults! Nana is doing so much better since we were there in June when she had Salmonella Poisoning. Grampa on the other hand looks to be going downhill quickly. He has lost more weight and is now walking with 2 canes and has very little patience for anything. He snapped at Jo which is not like him at all. He just doesn't "look" well to me at all. I'm not when we'll get down there again.

    On Saturday K and I went to Ottawa and did some shopping. We did Ikea and then over to Bayshore to check out the Disney Store. I was disappointed that there was very little Nemo stuff at all. I hope when I go again in October in Toronto that there is more at that store. We had a great girls morning of shopping and I brought home more stuff for Hubby and Jo than I did myself, but then that's always the way. While we were out shopping Jo went "Two by Fouring" with her dad and Uncle Mike. They actually did this a few times and on Friday night they saw 2 reindeer which are actually just regular white tail deer, but why brake her heart! While they were out they got caught on a stump and Uncle had to get under the truck to fix his running board on one side. Jo baked a cake with her Nana too! She poured in the nuts and the coconut. When we got back from shopping Hubby and Uncle went fishing and we went to a Petting Zoo where Jo got to play with the goats and look at some Llamas and Peacocks. There were swings, slides and a Zip line that she wasn't overly thrilled about but we did get a few photos. Sunday we were up and gone to visit with some friends and had an awesome time! We visited some more family on Sunday night and into bed early for the big drive home today which wasn't as bad as we thought. I thought the traffic would be worse, but we made it home in about 6 hours and that includes stopping to empty the holding tanks and lunch too.



    We had very little problems pulling the trailer. We did however learn that all the cupboards must be closed tight when you are traveling. You cannot imagine opening up the trailer at midnight and seeing ketchup from one end of the trailer to the other. On the way home we packed anything that could make a mess in the sink. I think when we stopped in North Bay and made supper that we forgot to close one of the top one tight. When we bought the trailer I asked if the ends would leak like the old canvas tent trailers and we were assured that they wouldn't. You can bet that I'll be printing off some pictures in the next day or two and will be taking them into the dealer we bought it from. Both ends were soaked with the rain on Saturday night. Hubby was not a happy camper(literally).

    Hopefully I'll get a chance to update again this week. We have results from the Cancer Clinic for my step dad which showed another spot on his right lung that we have to wait until November now to see exactly what it is. I'll expand on that later.
    posted by Northern Mom @ 8:43 p.m.  
    4 Comments:
    • At 8:57 p.m., Blogger Krazzy K said…

      What a Great week end.. So much Fun! thanks soo Much.
      Love
      K

       
    • At 8:21 a.m., Blogger Silver Creek Mom said…

      It was great to see you and I hope they DO SOMETHING about that trailer leak.

      Hugs and Until TO!

      How many more sleeps?

       
    • At 9:45 a.m., Blogger Good Things I Find said…

      Wow! You packed alot in. Maybe it will always be remembered as the weekend the ketchup was everywhere.

       
    • At 2:58 p.m., Blogger BeachMama said…

      Wow, it was great to see you. YOu did so much in such a short weekend. Hope you had just as much fun, minus the leaky trailer ;)

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Northern Mom
    Home: Northern Ontario, Canada
    About Me: There isn't too much to tell. I'm Mommy to Jo, wife to Hubby. I'm the oldest of 3 siblings and 4 step siblings, Auntie to a whole bunch of kids and Great Auntie to a few as well! I'm back to working 9-5 with no weekends or nights so keeping up with everything is a challenge!
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER