Northern Mom

You'll find topics of all kinds I'm sure! I only wish that I had more time to devote to blogging. Maybe some day when Jo is a little older I'll be able to do daily entries....maybe

The WeatherPixie
Some Favourite Blogs
  • Postcards from the Mothership
  • Blog Pourri
  • The Emma Report
  • Life is good...at the beach
  • Hanging in there
  • Silver Creek Musings
  • the thinking square
  • So Close
  • The Infertile Turtle
  • Ordinary Stuff
  • Molly Misadventure
  • a peek inside the fish bowl
  • All The Blogs I Read
    Knitting Links
    Learn to Make it
  • Top Secret Recipes
  • Recipe Goldmine
  • Epicurious.com
  • Saturday, October 28, 2006
    Last Weekend was Awesome....This Weekend....
    Is nowhere near as fun as last weekend was. I put my ass on a plane on Friday and off I went to Toronto to meet up with a gang of ladies. 2 whole nights of no husbands or kids, it was amazing as always. We shopped, we drank, we ate....the whole weekend was like this. The conversations were as always wonderful. Picture Silver Creek Mom, Twin Mom from Hanging In There, Nancy from Blog Pourri, Laurie from The Emma Report and a few more ladies that have been let loose in a big city! This has become an annual event and I can't wait until the next one. I live almost the furthest away from the main group and only get to see them a few times a year. If not for them, I'd still be a Martini Virgin, wouldn't have cool new boots or a renewed sense of being. I'd be lost without these ladies!!!

    This weekend it's cold and snowing last weekend was damp and rainy, but it just didn't seem so bad. Must have been the company.

    How many more sleeps until the next get together???
    posted by Northern Mom @ 9:20 p.m.  
    4 Comments:
    • At 7:14 a.m., Blogger BeachMama said…

      Those are cool boots, sorry that this weekend isn't going to live up to last weekend, but that is what makes your weekends away so special.

       
    • At 3:25 p.m., Blogger Unknown said…

      Oooooh! Sounds like you girls had lots of fun!!! It's always nice to get together with good girlfriends and have some quality time together.

      I'm a Toronto girl (was born there) but now that I'm on the Island, I don't think I could ever live there again. I do like going to visit friends and family there...and of course going shopping and eating at nice restaurants! There's a nice little place on Queen St. called "Tiger Lily Cafe". I also recommend "Spring Rolls" for some tasty and not so pricey food :)

      By the sounds of it, you are so fortunate to be blessed by lots of really good girlfriends :) Hope you have a great weekend (what's remaining of it!) and bet you're counting down 'til your next weekend away with the gals!

       
    • At 4:21 p.m., Blogger Silver Creek Mom said…

      TOO LONG! I can't wait for the next one.

      We should start thinking about what we want to do.

      I vote for a Cottage some near some cool shops and a pub.

      ;)

       
    • At 8:50 p.m., Blogger Unknown said…

      You girls should rent a cottage...on Manitoulin Island!!! lol It's a nice, relaxing place to be!

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Northern Mom
    Home: Northern Ontario, Canada
    About Me: There isn't too much to tell. I'm Mommy to Jo, wife to Hubby. I'm the oldest of 3 siblings and 4 step siblings, Auntie to a whole bunch of kids and Great Auntie to a few as well! I'm back to working 9-5 with no weekends or nights so keeping up with everything is a challenge!
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER