Northern Mom

You'll find topics of all kinds I'm sure! I only wish that I had more time to devote to blogging. Maybe some day when Jo is a little older I'll be able to do daily entries....maybe

The WeatherPixie
Some Favourite Blogs
  • Postcards from the Mothership
  • Blog Pourri
  • The Emma Report
  • Life is good...at the beach
  • Hanging in there
  • Silver Creek Musings
  • the thinking square
  • So Close
  • The Infertile Turtle
  • Ordinary Stuff
  • Molly Misadventure
  • a peek inside the fish bowl
  • All The Blogs I Read
    Knitting Links
    Learn to Make it
  • Top Secret Recipes
  • Recipe Goldmine
  • Epicurious.com
  • Tuesday, October 24, 2006
    How 5 minutes can turn into one hour....
    This morning as Jo and I were going out the door my neighbour yelled across the street and told me there was an accident on the overpass going into the city and that traffic was being rerouted. I dropped Jo off and headed to town. I hadn't gone very far when I realized the traffic was backed up and stopped at the detour. I was tempted to wait and continue on my way when I looked at the gas gauge. The light wasn't on, but it was very close to the red mark on the gauge. I called my neighbour and asked her how far she had gotten and she had actually turned around and decided to take the long, way out of the way route to work. I needed gas so regardless of which route I was going to take I had to get back to the gas station. I filled up and headed out to Highway 17 which would bring me back to town after a great amount of back tracking. Imagine my surprise(pure sarcasm inputted here) when I ended up stopped in construction on the highway. After 2 calls into work and 1 hour after I left home I arrived at work. Not a great way to start the day.

    One my way home this afternoon I tried to bypass the construction outside of where I work and went down to the furthest access street only to find it blocked with construction equipment. I turned around and went to the 2nd closest only to discover the same thing. As it turned out, I ended up going back up the street where I had started out in the parking lot at work to get home. I'm really beginning to hate this city.

    We have 4 seasons
    -Almost winter
    -Winter
    -Still Winter
    -Construction

    Almost winter and construction seasons usually overlap...it really bites.
    posted by Northern Mom @ 2:04 p.m.  
    5 Comments:
    • At 4:54 p.m., Blogger Krazzy K said…

      I'm sorry that your day was kinda crappy. Yes. those are our 4 seasons right there. Did you hear about the car crash on falgonbrige and Garson coniston? I saw pictures. it didn't look very good.
      i just wish they would do the construction with a little bit of convience. Doesnt everyone?
      Hugs
      K

       
    • At 7:47 a.m., Blogger BeachMama said…

      Sounds like the worst way to start the day. Construction, although necessary, really sucks. But, hey it's almost winter so it should be over soon ;).

       
    • At 8:15 a.m., Blogger Silver Creek Mom said…

      Yeah Construction sucks. Although lately around Ottawa they seem to work at night or weekends and it seems tokeep the kaos down to a min.

      Hugs

       
    • At 12:24 p.m., Blogger nancy said…

      hate when that happens....can think of better things to do with my time...did you at least have some good music with you?

       
    • At 9:21 p.m., Blogger Unknown said…

      Awwww, it sucks to start the day off that way. When I lived in Toronto, I used to commute 1 1/2 hrs to work and 1 1/2 hrs to home every day!! (on a route that was only 30 mins on the hwy w/out traffic and rush hour! Now that I live on the Island, there's never any traffic! The most traffic I've ever seen is in the line-up at the check out counter at the grocery store! LOL

      Hope the rest of your week is a good one :) It's almost the weekend!!!

      PS. I hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog. I just think it's a nice, refreshing blog. You talk about 'real' subjects. Hope you don't mind me adding you to my favourites too...is that okay?

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Northern Mom
    Home: Northern Ontario, Canada
    About Me: There isn't too much to tell. I'm Mommy to Jo, wife to Hubby. I'm the oldest of 3 siblings and 4 step siblings, Auntie to a whole bunch of kids and Great Auntie to a few as well! I'm back to working 9-5 with no weekends or nights so keeping up with everything is a challenge!
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER